Services We Offer
Deborah Thomas Gardens provides fine gardening services in San Francisco, Oakland, and nearby suburbs. To keep your garden looking its best in every season, I recommend regular scheduled/monthly garden maintenance including plant care, weeding, soil care, irrigation and general clean up.
My gardening and landscape design services include:
Meet & Greet
At our initial meeting, we will look at your garden together and discuss your needs, desires, budget and how your gardening goals may be achieved.
- No-cost half-hour get together
- Get to know each other and your space
Some clients prefer to do most of their own gardening work, but want some guidance from an experienced gardener.
- Deeper discussion of garden issues and potential solutions
- Normal hourly rate
A garden makeover or upgrade begins with creating plans for your project.
- Client homework (likes, dislikes)
- Meetings and conversations
- Design presentation
- Estimate and scheduling
This is where the fun begins. Utilizing the design plan we’ve created, the land is shaped for new plantings and hardscape features (patios, etc.) being added. Soil is prepared and plants are installed.
- Hardscaping and woodworking
- Irrigation systems
- Lighting and water features
- Lawn-downsizing and elimination
Regular maintenance keeps your garden in great shape year-round to enjoy our California climate. We use organic practices for family and pet-friendly landscapes.
- Plant care and weeding
- Seasonal pruning and planting
- Irrigation management
- General clean up
Whether it is building raised vegetable beds, fixing irrigation, or planting deck containers, we can probably help, or we “know a guy” (or gal).
- Container gardening
- Pre-party clean up
- Gardening emergencies
- Raised beds, wood and stone work
- Arranging sub-contractors as needed